Since the release of Old School Runescape back in 2013 the game's player base has consistently grown year after year recently reaching all time peaks, It's also a game that I've been playing on and off for the past few years but recently more than ever with Runescape Mobile coming out soon, as time's gone on more staff has been dedicated to OSRS and the MMO now receives weekly updates, sometimes new expansions, new bosses, new quests and many events.
In this video I pretty much scratch the surface as to why Old School Runescape is still one of the best MMORPGs to play even today, I'd even go as far as saying it's the most well designed MMO I've ever played, despite it's age, despite the graphics I think if you've never played Old School RuneScape before there's no better time to start than now.
What are your thoughts on Old School Runescape? do you think it's worth playing or returning to? have you enjoyed OSRS in the past? let me know in the comments below!
RuneLite (The client I use to play OSRS) - https://runelite.net/
Join My Discord: https://discord.gg/4aNxXHm
Twitch TV: http://www.twitch.tv/the_lazy_peon
Twitter is the best place to keep updated and contact me, I post often and reply to a lot of people - Twitter: https://twitter.com/The_Lazy_Peon
---Old School Runescape (OSRS) description WIKI---
Old School RuneScape (OSRS) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed and published by Jagex. The game was first released on 22 February 2013 in response to the declining playerbase and negative update reception of the original and then-current version of RuneScape. OSRS was originally an exact copy of RuneScape as it was in August 2007, but has since received engine improvements, new content, and quality of life patches. Proposed gameplay updates to the game are voted on by players, and are only implemented if 75% of paying players accept them. Despite having a smaller staff and a slower relative update schedule, OSRS had more than twice the active players that RuneScape had by 2017.
Sandbox MMO, Player Housing, Skills, Lifeskills, Professions, Money Making, PVP, Pking, PVE, PVM, Raids, Bosses, Open World, Amazing Quests, Not Pay To Win, Free To Play, Sub Fee, Mobile, IOS, Android, Retro, Progression, Adventure, Treasure Hunting, Last Man Standing, Castle Wars, Pest Control, The Inferno, Fight Caves, Solo Challenge, Staking, Dueling, Customization, Full Loot, Classic, Old School
THINGS YOU CAN DO IN OLD SCHOOL RUNESCAPE
- Build a house,
- Find treasure maps and go treasure hunting
- Experience difficult, long, story driven quests
- Train multiple life skills/non combat skills
- Complete achievements for different areas of the map
- Fight players in full loot PVP (optional)
- Fight players for fun without losing stuff
- Fight bosses from quests and slayer
- Do challenging raids
- Complete solo challenges such as The Inferno or The Fight Caves
- Explore a highly intractable world
- Go to house parties, item drop parties
- Join Deadman mode and compete for money, best player out of 2000 wins
- Join a clan and do clan wars PVP or deep wilderness PVP
- Stake money at the duel arena
- Unlock new pieces of gear to wear via questing and skill leveling
- Grind bosses for a rare pet
- Train skills to 99 giving you a cool looking cape specific to that skill
- PVE Mini games such as pest control with other players that rewards good gear
- Become a standard, hardcore or ultimate Ironman and be completely self sufficient.
- Become rich via playing the grand exchange and buy the best gear in the game
- Dress as a noob and make people feel sorry for you in hopes of donations
- Draw lewd pictured of Runescape NPCs in hopes of upvotes on reddit
If you'd like to suggest a topic for a future discussion, top 10, let's play or first impressions then please comment or tweet me via the links above.
This video is Fair Use under U.S. copyright law because it is transformative in nature, uses no more of the original than necessary and have no negative effect on the market of the original work.
Why Old School RuneScape Is One Of The Best MMORPGs To Play In 2018