HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN SPAWNING MOPS:
1. Buy some acrylic yarn. You can choose any color you'd like, but keep in mind two things. First, eggs will be much easier to see on darker yarn; and second, some people find that fish spawn more readily on green colored yarn. For this project, you will also need scissors, tape, cork bottle stoppers, and a hardcover book that is about as tall as the tank you're going to use the spawning mops in.
2. Cut off a length of yarn and lay it horizontally across the book, near the top. Use a couple pieces of tape to hold it in place while you work.
3. Begin winding the yarn vertically around the book. Go around about 100 times. You can do fewer or more times depending on how thick you want your mop to be.
4. Using the piece of yarn that was laid horizontally across the book, tie a knot at the top.
5. Then take your scissors and cut the yarn at the bottom of the book.
6. Take a cork, place it in the middle of your mop, and fold the mop in half to completely cover the cork. Then, while holding the top tight with one hand, tie a length of yarn around it to keep the cork held securely in place.
7. Boil some water in a large pot. Once it has reached a rolling boil, remove it from heat and soak your spawning mop in the hot water for about 15 minutes. Then rinse it off in cool water, and it's ready to use!
Photo tutorial w bonus cute cat! → http://www.solidgoldfish.com/2013/06/easy-diy-spawning-mops.html
NEW VIDEOS EVERY MONDAY!
Click to subscribe → http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Blog → http://www.solidgoldfish.com
Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/solidgoldfish
Twitter → https://twitter.com/solid_gold_fish
"Fly Away With Me" by Dylan Bailey (iamsleepless) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVzrQ...
Thank you. I am going to try this. I did not know that my Goldfish were having babies but now I see the eggs they are laying and no plants to lay in. However, maybe if I cannot get to this in time, it is a good thing? Cuz tons of Goldfish need homes.
I may be able to help you. It took me a while to figure mine out but I finally figured them out! Females will have a more rounded appearance while males are slimmer. During the breeding season the males will develop a bunch of white bumps on their pectoral fins. It almost feels like course sandpaper. The bigger they get the easier it is to tell the difference. Mine are for the most part used to being hand caught as it does less damage to their fins than netting them does. My fish are in the 8"- 12+ range and are 3years and 10 years old. Like I say it took me a long time to figure it out but I also wasn't all that conserved about genders!
We have an aquarium that is about 60 gallons, and there is no way there is a notebook big enough to accommodate the height of the the aquarium. Is there any substitute I can use for a notebook, or since it is a fairly large tank the size of the notebook does not matter? Thank you for all your help, this was a GREAT video!
I bought a regular mop at the dollar store and it worked well for about two months then the fuzz start coming off the bottom of the mop and stopping up my filter. I wanted to make every one aware of this.
My female goldfish just had eggs n i was totally unprepared. My goldfish was in a separate (hospital) tank from the male at that time when i saw eggs. I also massaged the stomach near the anal very gently. Then i noticed that after the goldfish was done laying eggs, the tips of the fins near the anal and the scales around the anal has a little bit specks of black on it. Is that normal? I'm scared the fish will die or have problems later on. I had another fish that laid eggs and i think within a 1-3 months it died. That fish floated to the top of the tank, had trouble swimming, wouldn't eat, and was bloated. Do female goldfish die a few months after laying eggs?
Brokerage fee amount by transaction value 1.
Trade online and settle your trade to a CDIA or CommSec Margin Loan 2.
Trade online and settle into a bank account of your choice.
Share Trades over the Phone 3.
CommSec Share Packs online 4.
CommSec Share Packs over the phone 4.
Trades requiring settlement through a third party 6.
1 For GST rounding reasons, the final brokerage fee may vary from the stated or expected brokerage fee by a couple of cents.
4 Normal brokerage will apply when a stock acquired through CommSec Share Packs is subsequently sold.
5 Amount per share will be noted as brokerage on each confirmation issued. There will be no substitution should a stock have a trading halt placed on it.
6 Includes third party Margin Lending, and where the Commonwealth Bank exercises its rights under the loan Terms and Conditions.
Other fees may apply. Please see the CommSec Financial Services Guide.
Open a CommSec Share Trading Account.
Buy and sell shares using a CommSec Share Trading Account with our cash account - with it you can seamlessly settle trades, transact and earn interest.
Buy and sell shares using a CommSec Share Trading Account with your existing bank account.
Frequently asked questions.
Shares held with another broker.
For the transfer to be successful the name and address registered on your issuer holdings must match your CommSec account.
Your request will be completed within 72 hours.
Shares held with the share registry To transfer shares held with the share registry into your CommSec Trading Account you need to complete an Issuer Sponsored Holdings to CHESS Sponsorship Transfer Form.
Your request will be completed within approximately 48 to 72 hours of receipt.
When you have bought and sold shares on the same day and the next trading day, your payment may be partially or wholly offset. For more information refer to the New Client Guide.