With interest rate hikes and indications that there will be further increases this year, we've been receiving questions about the impact of rising interest rates on a bond portfolio. In this video, Pure Financial's Director of Research, Brian Perry, CFP®, CFA® answers the question, "what will happen to my bond portfolio when interest rates rise?"
If you would like to schedule a free assessment with one of our CFP® professionals, click here: https://purefinancial.com/lp/free-assessment/
Make sure to subscribe to our channel for more helpful tips and stay tuned for the next episode of “Your Money, Your Wealth.” http://bit.ly/2FDSfK2
Channels & show times: http://yourmoneyyourwealth.com
• Investment Advisory and Financial Planning Services are offered through Pure Financial Advisors, Inc. A Registered Investment Advisor.
• Pure Financial Advisors Inc. does not offer tax or legal advice. Consult with their tax advisor or attorney regarding specific situations.
• Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and are not intended as investment advice or to predict future performance.
• Investing involves risk including the potential loss of principal. No investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
• All information is believed to be from reliable sources; however, we make no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.
• Intended for educational purposes only and are not intended as individualized advice or a guarantee that you will achieve a desired result. Before implementing any strategies discussed you should consult your tax and financial advisors.
Brokerage fee amount by transaction value 1.
Trade online and settle your trade to a CDIA or CommSec Margin Loan 2.
Trade online and settle into a bank account of your choice.
Share Trades over the Phone 3.
CommSec Share Packs online 4.
CommSec Share Packs over the phone 4.
Trades requiring settlement through a third party 6.
1 For GST rounding reasons, the final brokerage fee may vary from the stated or expected brokerage fee by a couple of cents.
4 Normal brokerage will apply when a stock acquired through CommSec Share Packs is subsequently sold.
5 Amount per share will be noted as brokerage on each confirmation issued. There will be no substitution should a stock have a trading halt placed on it.
6 Includes third party Margin Lending, and where the Commonwealth Bank exercises its rights under the loan Terms and Conditions.
Other fees may apply. Please see the CommSec Financial Services Guide.
Open a CommSec Share Trading Account.
Buy and sell shares using a CommSec Share Trading Account with our cash account - with it you can seamlessly settle trades, transact and earn interest.
Buy and sell shares using a CommSec Share Trading Account with your existing bank account.
Frequently asked questions.
Shares held with another broker.
For the transfer to be successful the name and address registered on your issuer holdings must match your CommSec account.
Your request will be completed within 72 hours.
Shares held with the share registry To transfer shares held with the share registry into your CommSec Trading Account you need to complete an Issuer Sponsored Holdings to CHESS Sponsorship Transfer Form.
Your request will be completed within approximately 48 to 72 hours of receipt.
When you have bought and sold shares on the same day and the next trading day, your payment may be partially or wholly offset. For more information refer to the New Client Guide.